Summary Statement of Job:
- Responsible for taking the lead role in test consulting assignments, building trusted client relationships, whilst being recognised as key advisor in own specialist areas.
- Shapes and deliver major test consulting engagements that are aimed at achieving demonstrable business benefit, achieve profit targets and potentially evolving into major projects for Kainos.
- Agrees objectives, outputs, milestones, timescale with client, together with associated contract and commercial terms.
- Creates well structured & accurate deliverables and present at up to client board level leading to acceptance of recommendations.
- Ensures that knowledge & experience is captured and disseminated at end of assignment.
- Manages and motivates any Kainos team members ensuring that all have clear objectives, receive regular feedback on performance, and have timely, honest project appraisals completed.
- Work with Delivery Manager in defining and implementing a Test business strategy including revenue forecast and resource planning/recruitment.
- Work with Sales in identifying Business segments to pursue for Offshore Test Business
- Work with Sales in creating strategies for pursuing new opportunities
- Work with Delivery Manager in proposal estimations for Testing
- Create and maintain testing collaterals for the various service offerings
- Assist the Testing Service Line Head for pursuing new and mining opportunities
- Pro-active in mentoring a small group of Consultants.
- Develops own internal and external networks, while recognising competitor strengths & weaknesses in relevant market areas.
- Identifies and takes appropriate action on opportunities for additional business, including negotiating and closing at a senior client level.
- Develops new skills & services in relation to current & future market requirements.
- Provides timely effective pre-sales support and solution development as required.
- Takes responsibility for devising and costing viable, winning solutions, working closely with the Kainos sales team.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site as required.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a relevant commercial environment with at least 4 years demonstrable success in consulting (or project equivalent).
- Strong in chosen consulting specialisation and demonstrates adaptability to embrace new disciplines.
- In depth experience of at least one major business vertical (e.g. Telco, Financial Services).
- Experience of at least 2 business applications environments (e.g. CRM, eBusiness etc).
- Broad business & technology experience and a good awareness of industry trends and their potential impact on current & future business applications.
- Experience of working at a senior level with at least 4 different clients and demonstrable evidence of building strong client relationships.
- Experience of creating and working to project plans together with handling change controls.
- Sound communication skills including ability to formally present to senior client and conference audiences.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Strong ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Ability to recognise competitor strengths & weaknesses in specialist areas.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & handle uncertainty.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Mature non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical and thorough.
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial challenges facing Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.