Our mission within Digital is to be the go to partner of choice within public and private sector for digital services. Key to this success will be our ability to forge long lasting and trusted relationships with our customers, and build a robust pipeline of new business opportunities within these accounts. The role of the Account Manager is therefore to establish strong and broad relationships with existing and prospective customers, and pro-actively position Kainos to win new sustainable business within such accounts, to maximise our sales, revenue and profit over the long term. The role will require you to have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, highly organised and demonstrate initiative in constructing offers that are highly appealing to our customers and differentiate us from our competitors.
Overview of role:
- Identifying, developing and closing opportunities in existing and new private sector accounts.
Owning all account development and planning activities for named private sector accounts.Managing and developing key client relationships up to ‘C’ level.
- Working with business and technical teams to construct compelling and differentiating propositions.
- Developing detailed understanding of a customer/prospect’s business drivers, policy and political landscape.
- Developing strong business networks and recognising competitor and partner activity.
- Building and maintaining a robust sales pipeline for named accounts and closing sales opportunities within these accounts.
- Framing offerings to the client and selling to Kainos’ interests and timescales rather than the client’s.
- Managing all aspects of the sales cycle, from lead generation to negotiation through to closure.
- Working with Pre-sales team to respond to client requirements as appropriate.
- Constructing winning, viable, commercial offers.
- In all activities, following the quality ethos set by Kainos and collaborating regularly with delivery and marketing teams.
Experience and Capabilities:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT.
- Strong consultative approach
- Good knowledge of digital delivery approaches.
- Experience of working with at least 2 different clients and demonstrable evidence of building sound client relationships.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve the optimum outcome for Kainos.
- Strong and effective presentation skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics.
- Ability to operate in a competitive and pressurised environment, making sensible decisions that don’t compromise Kainos.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and operate flexible working patterns to accommodate demand.
- Ability to quickly identify with the culture of client organisations.
- Ability to identify and influence decision makers and build relationships at senior business levels.
- Ability to think and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ambitious and energetic, with strong inter-personal skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and business development focused.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues including formal presentations
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Excellent communications skills and an ability to build trusted relationships with customers who operate at senior levels within their organisation.
- Persuasive – will be working in an extremely competitive environment requiring an ability to articulate an innovative, compelling and differentiating offer.
- Strong commercial and entrepreneurial qualities.
- Highly customer focused and relationship driven.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude to overcoming commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Mature, non-confrontational style.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.